I always used to think that if my product / writing / stuff is excellent or at least good then people would like it, but it didn’t take me much time to realize that I was wrong. Though my assumption was wrong, some good amount of introspection on why exactly I was wrong gave me a good number of answers which I thought would be useful to me as well as you.
This post is about, why do you have to present well in addition to writing well? I have restricted myself to writing alone in this post because I felt it is one of the most important concept being a blogger and, what is more, important than writing.
Is writing alone not enough?
Sadly, though you are blogger writing alone isn’t enough because how you convey your message to your reader is very much important than what you really want to convey. Because it is believed that we might forget what a person speaks to us, but we will never forget how he made us feel.
So, now our intention (as a blogger) should be to make our readers feel good while reading our message and if we are successful in doing that then though our message is of average importance it would reach them easily. Making readers feel awesome cannot only accomplished by the mere writing of your message but can be accomplished only through good presentation of your message.
Let’s take a common example, we are provided with two plates of food, the item present in the plates is exactly the same in terms of taste, quality, quantity etc. while one of them is easy to sell and even at a higher cost, why? Just because it is well decorated or presented well.
Tell me which one of the above pics you like the most or if you are asked to fix the cost for above images which would cost more, I guess you would choose the former one because it conveys the message accurately in comparison with the second one and looks decent though it is not awesome.
So, that is the effect of presentation on your writing.
How to present my content well?
Winners don’t do different things, they do things differently – Shiv Kera
Similarly, You don’t have to do differnt things to succeed, you have to do things Well (Presentable)
So, as we have discussed the importance of presenting now let’s focus on what to do to present our writing. I will list down the aspects which we have to keep in mind to present properly.
- Using right images – Images are a good way to convey your whole message in just an instant. So, making an awesome use of them would make it extremely simple for you to engage your readers.
- Superb Multimedia – Multimedia includes images, videos, songs etc. including anything possible to make your post appealing and interesting until the last word.
- Your different font colors – I have a habit of using different color fonts for your blog post just to convey some important text message in between text, we generally do that through bold or italic style, double quotes etc. But, if you can use some more colors, it would be visually appealing to your readers.
- For example, if you are mentioning any negative point about something in your blog content then try to change the font color of that to RED and style to bold at the same time the positive point to be changed to GREEN color this way, you are making sure that your reader notices those highlighted color text unconsciously.
- And, this way you can directly print your message and even important points of that directly in his mind.
- Include Quotes or Popular Phrases – You might be aware of idioms or mnemonics or abbreviations through which we can help others remember a long, important message easily. Try to use quotes, phrases by great people supporting your statement so that you reader can remember your message through the quote
- For example, you are explaining about FAILURE to your reader and if you can coin the expansion of Abdul Kalam about FAIL – First Attempt In Learning then there is a greater probability that your reader retains the topic for a long time.
- Make your writing entertaining – Don’t let your writing be like a school report card which has the marks, grades, remarks etc. it is no fun watch the progress card. Make it fun, include jokes, smileys this way your readers forget to click the back button after reaching your post because they never get bored which your bounce rate gradually reduces a lot.
- Include stories – the best way to keep the attention of any individual is by telling him stories, everyone loves stories including you and me. If you find any interesting story related to your content which you have published previously or going to publish, include the story at an appropriate place which way engage your reader very well (which is our only motto). However, don’t forget to give credit to the source of the story which way you increase your credibility.
You Have to Present your content Well – Make it a motto
Let me tell you something, if you might be wondering that you can’t engage your readers so easily using the above techniques then don’t worry take the first step in doing so and you will succeed one day for sure. It is very well said that Rome wasn’t built in a day similarly it always takes the time to succeed at something. If you fail, try again, one day you would succeed as this is the only lesson my own life has taught me.
All the best, try to engage your readers by presenting your content well
Thanks for reading. Share your views about and the post content with me through comments, I would be very happy to hear. If you have enjoyed reading this post, then share it with your buddies & do subscribe to my blog for more interesting stuff by using your email id below.
Bye… Take care…