Being a blogger we have a lot of work like maintaining our blog, its traffic, design, social presence, interact with our readers etc. So, our time is our most valuable asset and if we don’t properly take care of that asset then we would end up with the thousands of bloggers who are starting to blog and then getting disheartened with the results and quitting.
Doing what need not be done
As discussed, If we are working on a primary job while blogging then our time becomes even more scarce as we have to manage both primary job’s tasks as well as blogging challenges which every blogger faces in the beginning as well as later.
How can you know what need not be done? Unless we know about the tasks which need not be done, we keep on wasting our time on those tasks instead of important tasks. I can’t name any tasks, but I can give you some filters through which you can find out whether a task is useful or not. These filters not confined to blogging only, but can be used for any other job.
- What’s in it for me?
- Ask yourself, what is it I am going to get if I do this task. If you are unable to answer this question for a given task then think twice before attempting that specific task.
- This cut of has to be done because you have some tasks which have yield you a result on working upon them then why not work on them before you start working on useless tasks.
- What are the long term consequences?
- Sometimes, your tasks might not yield you immediate results, but you might know or heard of from experts that by practicing these tasks you would succeed.
- These tasks also can be considered, but you have to be very careful while setting these goals because if you patiently wait for results keep doing things you might burn you hands at the end of the game and that too after a very long time at which you might not return back.
- Stephen Covey states this in an excellent before you start climbing on to the top of ladder make sure it is inclined on the proper wall else you would end up climbing some other building.
- Why am I doing it?
- John Chow says you should have a very strong Why? When you begin blogging, as I said this philosophy is applicable to every task and goal not only blogging.
- Why are you doing it, this task or blogging? For money, family, passion, fame, spreading a message etc.
- If you don’t have a Why then you don’t have a passion driving you forward which is the major cause we get bored with the tasks which have to do and get diverted doing the tasks which won’t benefit us really.
- Failures do what is tension relieving while winners do what is goal achieving. – Dennis Waitley.
- Tension relieving tasks are often the tasks which need not be done, but we do them because they are tension relieving.
- Is it ethical or not?
- When you begin blogging, you might hear about get rich quick schemes kind of blogging through which you can earn a lot of money in a very short time.
- Be very careful with these types of methods because I have been blogging since a while and whenever you follow proper methods success is inevitable, but it takes time while I heard of people who earn a huge amount of people often through dark methods.
- Black Hat methods, you earn money and that would be true, but that is not actual blogging, a simple example is you can’t even declare the blog through which you have earned that sum.
- Can I succeed in this task?
- Fear of failure is worse than the failure itself wrote a successful person and that is true we would definitely have a fear before starting anything new.
- If you have a task which can yield you positive results in future if you succeed to complete it then it is a better option doing it though we are not sure whether we are ready or not. If we win we are at the top of the world and if we lose then we have gained a lot of experience to guide others and try again while the worst case is not failing because we shall learn something new and improve ourselves, but the worst case is not trying which way we don’t win or learn and stay stuck at the same place as before.
All this above questions have to be asked before you set your goals or while setting your goals for maximum benefit because it will be effective to cut of the unnecessary tasks before they occupy a place in your schedule.
From now on don’t ever do the tasks and don’t even include them in your schedule if they don’t pass the above filters. If any task falls into your schedule after passing filters then don’t consider the complexity or difficulty of that job even if it is difficult because Everything is hard before it is easy and every new idea is first defended by your mind in the beginning but later that decision would alone bring a huge success and happiness into your life
Don’t consider planning is a waste of time, during planning only you can eliminate useless tasks and plan to focus only on useful tasks.
Thanks for reading. Share your views about and the post content with me through comments, I would be very happy to hear. If you have enjoyed reading this post, then share it with your buddies & do subscribe to my blog for more interesting stuff by using your email id below.
Bye… Take care…
Tags: blogging tips and tricks