As a blogger, our job is to produce great, useful, informative content always and at the same time it is difficult to include everything in one single post because of numerous reasons. So, to solve this problem constructively there is a super solution – interlinking blog post.
Through this post, I will put forth all the maximum problems which we generally face while producing, presenting blog content and how to effectively present it to your audience.
Why is interlinking blog post required?
Being a blogger, producing content is our job and we do strive for that, we produce valuable content each and every day and at times we face some problems in presenting an overwhelming amount of content which is required by some, but not by all. And, if we use the same strategy to deal with all types of readers then we end up disappointing them.
Problems in presenting content
1. Not all readers want everything
If a reader comes out to your blog to know about a topic, then there might be possibilities that he might know everything, something or nothing about the topic you are discussing through your blog post.
As, different types of readers land on your blog with the need of different information, the best way is to provide everything we can in the same blog post. But, we might end up creating boredom for the readers who know everything.
Let me explain you the above problem through an example, if your blog post is about ideal or healthy diet food makers in the market where you are expected to talk about food makers alone.
But, if you have to help your readers know what is an ideal diet then you have two options, one is to write about ideal diet in the beginning of the blog post which might annoy your users, the second option is to link to an internal blog post which you have already written about ideal diet previously, this way any reader interested would just click on that link and read that.
If a reader is not interested or if he/she has already read the blog post previously, then he would skip clicking on the link. This way, your reader is provided with both necessary information and at the same time not overloaded with extra information he might need or might not.
2. Some readers want more
As discussed above, not all readers are same, some readers need more and more similar information from your blog. And, if you fail to provide the same then they would leave your blog though he wants to read more and though you have more information about the same topic.
Generally, we use Recommended articles section, but we might have a higher chance if we provide some fixed articles in the blog post itself towards its end.
Similar articles – How can I cook healthy food myself?
Does Healthy food cost more?
3. Some readers might find you through another source
What I mean by another source is, if the reader comes from a blog of another niche through your comment link, then the topic you might be discussing is completely new or unknown to him which way it is better to help them to provide some useful links in the beginning of blog post about the basics of the subject (if the information is required to understand the next blog post).
As per above example, providing a link to know more about ideal diet before knowing ideal diet makers is better to way to guide such foreign or unknown readers.
4. Some might end up reading the last article
As discussed above, if the reader is a regular reader of your blog in which scenario if you provide more brief about some topic in detail in every post then it would bore him, leaving a link to that content would give him the power and choice to whether he wants to know that topic in detail by clicking on the blog post or not.
5. Some might not understand your blog post
Based on the ideal diet example, interlinking blog post would allow your reader who isn’t aware of the basic information on an ideal diet might end up not understanding.
But, if you don’t give necessary directions at required places where he wants some more details. For example, if you are referring to BMI, which is always an ambiguous concept then you can help your reader by leaving a link on the BMI.
How to solve above problems?
As the name of this blog post states, we intend to solve all the above problems through blog post interlinking only.
1. Linking to relevant blog posts
We can do this in two ways, one is providing a hyperlink in the paragraph text itself and second is through a separate line (Read: Hyperlinked blog post name). Both the ways are valid and as you can always write a new line saying Read: Article name such places you can simply hyperlink the text which is talking about it.
For example – The ideal diet providers in the market are …. the ideal diet has been hyperlinked to the blog post which is about ideal diet else you can provide a hyperlink mentioning it specially.
2. Recommending similar articles
Most of the times, the readers are pretty thirsty for knowledge and information as we have discussed above. We can help them find the required information or related one using the Recommended articles section. But, the recommended articles plugin are mostly based on some algorithm and they keep changing and you might fail to provide proper direction to your reader though you have the information they need.
You can mention the similar articles at the end of the blog post so that they remain there always to help the users who want more information.
Advantages of interlinking
There are good number of advantages to you as well along with your user through blog post interlinking and they are
- Page Views increase – A reader, when navigates through all the blog posts through interlinked blog URLs, will automatically increase the page views of your blog and when they increase everything else falls into place as you require.
- Link Juice is passed – When you have a do-follow link to a page, your link juice is transferred to that, that is the reason most of the bloggers work hard to get backlinks (which is a very good SEO signal). Through blog post interlinking, you pass link juice from one blog post to another which way both popular and unpopular blog posts get a good amount of Search Engine Ranking (SER).
- Bounce rate is reduced – As discussed, whenever your reader doesn’t understand what you write then they simply leave, but this gives a bad signal to Search Engine because it is called as bounce rate. By providing a necessary option to understand the information you provide, you’re reducing your bounce rate through which you climb up the SER position.
- Builds credibility – Most blogs don’t succeed because they are like one time wonders and not very consistent, but only consistent blog succeed the most. If you provide proper linking to all your posts to a cover a topic from beginning to end then you are considered to be a credible blogger. And, if you gain a good and credible reputation then people would trust you and would be willing to buy from you.
- Onsite SEO gets strengthened – Through the above-mentioned benefits on site SEO gets strengthened and once it is good you can easily rank and gain a good amount of traffic from Search engines as well.
Note of caution:
- Interlinking blog post is very effective and useful to you and your readers, but you have to do it in limited quantity only as it is said too much is too bad the same is applicable here as well. If you link too much, people might think you are spam and might click on the back button, don’t let it happen. Do it but in a limited and beautiful way.
- Always allow the opening of the interlinked blog posts in a new tab, so that the readers might not miss or have to hit a back button to go the previous blog post.
- Don’t make it a no-follow link, keep it do-follow only to pass the link juice.
How to easily interlink blog post
WordPress blog post editor provides this option and it is very easy if you know this please ignore this part –
Select marked option from the WordPress blog post editor after selecting the text you want to insert a hyperlink.
If it is an external URL you can give it here itself, else you can click on the gear icon for more options.
In the search bar give the required text to find your previous blog post through heading or content, the WordPress autosuggest will populate the blog posts based on your input, once you find the required blog post, click on it, you see URL appears and then click Add link button your link gets added. It is very easy.
For example, (let’s consider a blogging example) If you blog post is about best-hosting provider, then you can provide links to the DIY guides to set up a blog through the hosting provider you mentioned.
Hope you have understood the advantages and usage of interlinking blog posts. Shoot out your doubts to me about this topic or any help at firstname.lastname@example.org or through comments.
Thanks for reading. Do share your views about the blog post with us through comments.
If you have enjoyed reading this post, then share it with your buddies & do subscribe to this blog for more interesting stuff by using your email id.Tags: blogging tips and tricks, increase page views