You might be aware of the changes to the YouTube Partner Program applying recently around – Jan-20-2018 – 1000 subscribers and 4000 hrs watch time (in last 365 days). So, what are the steps after you reach this threshold, this blog post is about that.
Is YPP auto enabled?
Even I was under the same dilemma that after the above threshold hits for a Youtube channel which was previously Monetized or under YPP – Youtube Partner Program, but it doesn’t you have to re-enable or reapply for the Monetization by yourself after you are sure that you have reached the threshold.
How to reapply for YPP?
Please follow the below steps to re-enable the monetization which was disabled due to the above-mentioned threshold:
- Go to Creator Studio
- On the Left side menu, You find an option called Channel
- After you click on that – Status and Features Page appears – where all the status and features related your channel start to appear.
- In that – You can see Monetization Feature (or Card) and it will be Not Enabled
- Click on Learn More link which is on that card.
- Now you have to follow the below steps
- You have to apply for YPP – Youtube Partner Program by accepting all the terms and conditions.
- You have to apply for AdSense Program (will not be an issue if you have a linked Google Adsense account)
- Now Set the monetization Preferences (what type of monetizations you wish to enable)
- Now the Account will be in review by YouTube team. (this will take a good amount of time – I have been waiting almost since 3 plus weeks, you don’t have worry about this because YouTube is trying to do a clean review so that spam channels don’t pass this YPP and channels who pass it will receive good benefits).
If you want to watch the video tutorial on the above steps then below is the step by step video.
Thanks for reading. Do share your views about the blog post with us through comments.Tags: videos, vlogging