I have been noticing many of the YouTubers regularly pin comments on most of their videos, they use it as a dashboard to display some information about the video though there is description tag, I noticed something interesting about it. This blog post is about that insight.
How to PIN a comment to your Youtube video
Please follow the following steps to pin a comment to your Youtube video.
- Navigate to your youtube Video through Creator Studio’s Videos Tab
- Select the video for which you wish to pin the comment
- If not, search for it through the search bar in the top.
- After you select the video, in the left side menu there is an option called Comments, select that if and only if the comment you would like to PIN is already commented
- Else, you have to click on the video thumbnail on the left side menu – Open on Youtube.
- Once you open on Youtube, scroll down, add a new comment with the content of your choice.
- And, then there will be a menu option (3 vertical dots) next to each comment and if you click on it, you will be receiving options like the below
- Select PIN and the comment will be pinned (You will get the above options for only your video and not for other’s videos)
- If you have a PINNED comment and you PIN another comment again then that will override the previous comment with latest one.
- And, you can even PIN other people comments as well, if you feel they are useful and then the concerned person who has commented would get a notification that his comment is PINNED.
Note: When you open your videos in youtube to add comments then ads might appear if you have enabled monetization, just skip ad to avoid Monetization violation of Adsense, it is better if you don’t click on the ad which would however not be counted as you have clicked from your account, but try to avoid it.
Why PIN a comment on Youtube video
It is to emphasize more keenly on what you wish to say through the video or atleast something more important through PINNING
As we have discussed how to PIN, now we’ll discuss why to PIN?
Before that, let’s understand why do we PIN something? To remember it, or to look at it more frequently or to have it in the top so that we won’t miss it or mix it with other stuff which may or may not be as important as the pinned stuff (among many comments, the important comment might get missed). So, if you PIN it then it will always be on the top and will get the first impression compared to others.
And, one more reason is I feel whenever we view a video either on mobile or desktop, the next thing is to scroll, some people view the description by clicking on SHOW MORE, but many won’t do that until and unless they want to know or view something in the description.
But, the moment you scroll down, what appears or catches your eyes are Suggested videos and Comments and if you PIN some important info about the video then that would catch the eye of user and help him which might improve their relationship with you and your video, what we indeed want or expect like a YouTuber is something that only. And, even if that doesn’t happen, you don’t lose anything by that extra PINNED comment.
I have noticed in for some big Youtubers that when posting something through comment, that will mostly be an announcement, news or important information related to video or channel and the thread starts as people start replying to it and it keeps growing from their improving your video engagement and would help your video to rank higher.
PIN comments by others
Youtube allows comments by other people also to be pinned, so you can also select people who have commented a nice comment so that can both yourself and your youtube community.
Thanks for Reading this post, please let us know your views about the blog post like what is good about it, what can be improved through comments. It gives us great happiness in seeing that the blog post has helped you.
Bye… Take care…