Affiliate links look generally ugly and similar to spam site links but they are bread and butter for affiliate marketers then how do they make their affiliate links look professional and pretty? I have had this question myself and I found an answer for this using Pretty Link WordPress free plugin and this post is about that plugin.
Affiliate links are generally vague to look at and whenever you provide an affiliate link to your viewers to click at, they might get annoyed whether you are redirecting them to any spam site for quick money.
Why are affiliate links ugly?
If you are already familiar with affiliate marketing then you would know the reason for this else the reason for such ugly looking affiliate links because of a tracker id appended or added to the end to track from which affiliate the reference was received to provide the affiliate with the commission. So, we can’t skip adding the tracker id else it would not fulfill the purpose of earning commission by referring clients to the affiliate product.
I have had this feeling seeing an affiliate link – www.domain.com/9r4x6jDk
How to make them look pretty?
Most of the successful affiliate marketers use this technique might be using different tools, but through this post, I can help you find a decent tool which is both free and effective to make your affiliate links look pretty as well as professional at the same time.
www.domain.com/9r4x6jDk >> bloggingispassion.com/recommended/domain
You could notice that the second link is achieving the same purpose as the first but it looks both pretty and professional, but how can you achieve this redirection for free? this can be done through a plugin called Pretty Link
- Install it from WordPress plugin Repository
- Provide your affiliate link
- And, the new link to which you want to change it.
- The best thing is you can access it through your WordPress Dashboard as well.
1. Pretty Link plugin install
Go to the WordPress plugins type in for the keyword – Pretty link and select the plugin which comes with a star from a list as shown in the image.
2. Beautify your affiliate link
Once the plugin is installed, you can find an option called – Pretty link in your WordPress menu, once you click on it, you can see the screen similar to the one of left (rather an empty one) because I have added some pretty or affiliate links already.
To add a new affiliate link to Pretty link
You need to remember the following sections here
- Target redirection – Permanent or Temporary
- Target URL – Your affiliate link
- Pretty link – your pretty link will be the professional version which you would like to give.
- ex: hosting affiliate link should be changed to bloggingispassion.com/recommended/hosting (general style followed by most which are both self-explanatory and beautiful as well)
- Title – For you to easily identify the link.
- Group selection – This isn’t mandatory but it will make your job easy next time if you have a lot of affiliate links to choose at one single time. So, group your affiliate links based on your niche and category to use them easily and effectively.
Access Pretty link through WP dashboard
Apart from making an affiliate link pretty through Pretty link’s dashboard, you can make it prettier simply from WordPress dashboard as well as shown in the image.
Get the updates of Pretty link through the below link Pretty Link.
Thanks for reading. Hope you have found the information helpful… bye … take care…Tags: blogging tips and tricks, wordpress plugins