It is extremely easy to blog in English as almost every interface works with English language only, but what if you want to blog any other language like your mother tongue (mine is Telugu)? How to type in that language and how to complete a blog post quickly in that language might be your doubts. So, this post is about How to blog in languages other than English?
Why to Blog in other languages?
Blogging in languages other than English can be productive only if your target audience or your niche is a local one and your blog can gain more exposure with that. If you are targeting UK and US audience then it is better to stick to English blogging only.
Say, if you want to start a food blog for local audience alone (as your area of expertise is in local foods) then your focus would be to get near to the local women who would be more comfortable with local mother tongue instead of English language blog.
How to blog in other languages easily?
There is a free tool provided by Google for this purpose which helps us in converting our sites to another language in a single click using Google Translator plugin.
Adding the Google Translator plugin to your website:
- Go to https://translate.google.com/manager/website/
- Click on Add your Website now
- Enter your Website URL – (ex: www.bloggingispassion.com)
- Select the default language of your website – (ex: English)
- Click on Next
- Select the Translation languages
- All languages – If you want to allow your users to translate your blog into all languages
- Specific languages – If you want to limit them to only some languages
- Display Mode
- Automatic – Google Translate gets displayed whenever the default language is different from English
- Advanced Settings
- Check the check box which states – Automatically display translation banner to users speaking languages other than the language of your page.
- If your site contains multiple languages by default then check the check box – Your page contains content in multiple languages.
- It would be better to provide your Google Analytics Tag Id to track the users who are using Translate functionality (a better way to understand your user requirement).
- Click on Get Code
- Copy the code
- Paste it in any text widget in the top of your Primary sidebar so that it is easily visible to your viewers
Through the above steps, you can easily add the Google Translate widget or plugin to your site for allowing users to translate your content to the language they are comfortable in reading.
Write content manually
At times due to the sophisticated usage of English language, the translation through automatic Google Translate might be inappropriate or wrong than the actual meaning you wish to communicate. So what to do in such situation?
This step has to be taken if you wish to keep the content in the other language only instead of switching it between more than one language. This can be done using Google Translate where you can type the message you wish to obtain in other languages directly in English so that you don’t have to worry about typing a lot of content in other languages.
Click on this link to Navigate to Google Translate – https://translate.google.com/
The translation through this is similar to the automatic translation, but the difference is as we translate content step by step as we type, there is more chance of similar meaning than compared to previous technique due to the additional human supervision we do through this. Though this method is time-consuming, it is effective to blog in other languages easily.
Hope you found this information useful for you to blog in other languages than English.
Thanks for reading. Share your views about how to blog in other languages and the post content with me through comments, I would be very happy to hear.
If you find this post useful, then share it with your buddies & do subscribe to my blog for more interesting stuff by using your email id.
Bye… Take care…Tags: blogging tips and tricks, content writing, true blogging, wordpress plugins