Being a blogger, it is very important to produce unique content regularly in order to engage your readers. At times, it becomes difficult to produce content & this might be due to various factors like
- No visitors for your content.
- No appreciation for your content.
- You are unable to produce fresh content which is of high quality according to you.
- You are receiving negative comments for your existing content
The above are some of the factors which might kill the writer inside you and deprives you of the ability to produce great content or even ordinary content.
Formal definition of writer’s block
Writer’s block is a condition, primarily associated with writing, in which an author loses the ability to produce new work or experiences a creative slowdown. The condition ranges in difficulty from coming up with original ideas to being unable to produce a work for years.
5 ways to overcome writer’s block
1. Following other blogs & commenting
Learn from your competitors, but don’t follow them. – Jack Ma (Alibaba Founder)
- Following other blogs (famous and new) would give you a lot of possibilities of new posts.
- It will ignite new ideas when you look at the post & look for the ways to improve it which can give you both confidence and ideas to come out with new content.
- Whenever you agree or disagree with any point made by the fellow blogger in a post, try to give a proper reason and justify why you agree or disagree this way, you would initiate a relationship with that blogger & help him improve.
- Writing comments is also writing content in miniature, as you start commenting, slowly you tend to come out of your writer’s block and start producing awesome content.
2. Stop looking at Comments, Post statistics frequently
Don’t focus on Quantity instead focus on Quality of Visitors & comments
- Generally, new bloggers tend to lose interest in blogging because of lack of more viewers though that it is pretty common.
- If you are not getting many readers then it is better to ignore the statistics and focus only on producing valuable content, link building either via commenting & SEO, social media marketing. This way, slowly people start jumping into your content.
- And, if you are receiving negative comment instead of getting discouraged use them in correcting your mistakes constructively which way you improve each and every day.
- If you aren’t getting any comments don’t mind follow the above techniques and keep producing content.
3. Come out of your room
Life and success can never be defined between four walls.
- The mistake which most bloggers make is to lock themselves in their room to pull ideas from their brain. But, our mind isn’t such a kind of thing – if you don’t give the environment it requires then it simply shuts down the functioning.
- Writer’s block is caused mostly by this reason. Regularly come out of your room, jump into the real world. Your mind will start exploding tonnes of ideas for you.
4. Look at your business plan for why you have created blog
You can never hit a target you cannot see. – Anonymous
- We don’t tend to produce any content if we have lost the sight of our destination. Our blog business plan or the purpose for which we have created the blog provides direction to our fickle mind to proceed in the way to produce great content.
- If you don’t have a blog business plan create one immediately.
5. Search for the problems faced by your readers
Business is more about helping others rather than yourself. – Robin Sharma
- The purpose of most blogs would be to help people or a specific community.
- If you are unable to find topics to write then search for the problems faced by the users whom you are targeting. Google trends are one such place where you can get info about the topics which are searched the most by the users.